Cutest Blog on the Block

Thursday, March 10, 2011

Internet Safety with my Little Brother

So I called my little brother (15 yr old sophomore in high school) and chatted with him about safety on the internet. He already knows that you should make sure you don't save all your passwords so no one else can easily access your stuff. He also knows to not talk to people he doesn't know online. And to never give out your full name or birth date.

I did talk to him about the fact that he should be careful about downloads and what sites you visit with cautions on Google searches. I also shared with him the dangers of having computers in private places and being on for too long. I mentioned to him how the church uses the internet to get correct information out there.

It was a good discussion, but at the same time my parents have been very careful about where the computer is and how long we were on it. Also I suppose I just never remember being that hostile about sharing my "internet" life with my parents. So he knew most of it and learned a thing or two, but overall already taken care of in my family.

Be careful and have fun online!

1 comment: