Cutest Blog on the Block

Monday, September 5, 2011

JFSB Fountain

So if you aren't familiar with the BYU campus let me tell you about one of my favorite places...the Joseph Fielding Smith Building. This is the building in which I live. Every building on campus has a major or school that has all of its classes there, and the JFSB is mine for both history and English classes and believe it or not my on campus job. (No, I never leave.)

As I have so much time in and around this building you would be correct in thinking that I know it pretty well from the balcony on the fourth floor to all the great places to hide and read/study in a good chair or couch to the beautiful relaxing court yard. In this courtyard is a wonderful fountain with large pieces of rock in the middle creating natural-like waterfalls, albeit small ones.

One of the things I love to do is watch when little kids come up and start putting their hands in and splashing around or better yet, when they hope right in and play like they are at the water park and secretly I have always wanted to join them, but thought that my college peers would think me juvenile and maybe a little "around the bend." This secret desire has been building for over 4 years now and this Sunday I gave in.

I was helping giving a tour to my sister and her family and we went there and their little girls got in to play...so I did too. Now I didn't go crazy and fall in or splash a bunch I just walked around and got my feet wet, but it was so worth it. I may even do it again and make a mess of it before I graduate from this lovely school and let other people's opinions of me be poppycock!

2 comments:

  1. Always have been tempted by that fountain...maybe one of these days I'll follow suite. And, in case you're wondering who this strange commenter is, I'm in your 423 class.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel the same way. I love to study outside of the JFSB, the little children are always playing in the fountain. Every time I see them (especially now that it is hot outside) I want to take off my flip flops and just walk through the fountain. I'm also in your 423 class.

    ReplyDelete