Cutest Blog on the Block

Thursday, August 2, 2012

5 Planes, 2 Days, 1 Night, 1 Friend Ride, and an Empty House

Day 24 & 25

So I headed to London Heathrow Airport on the Tube with all my stuff.  I got on a plane to Iceland, yep you read correctly.  The coolest view ever of the coast as we flew up.



The Iceland airport was fun, but I will say that I had almost no clue what I was actually paying for things, because all the prices were only in Icelandic money numbers, which is not anything like ours. Then it was back on a plane to JFK with no problems.  But then the real fun began.  I not only had to find a place to eat so late at night, I had to figure out my boarding pass situation for the next day where I had three planes to get on.  Sleeping overnight in an airport again was not really fun and Rachel and Jules were not exactly unconcerned either, but their worries did not come to fruition.  But talk about being tired and feeling much in need of a shower by this point.  I was very happy to try and sleep on the plane to help with sleep deprivation.  Funny, but all my family were out of town on the day I came in so lucky for me Jules picked me up and took me home to an empty house to eat, shower, and sleep.  And in fact I slept for 14 hours.  Great to be home, but just ask me if I would do it again, I dare you!

No comments:

Post a Comment